Testing Inspection and Certification | Fixed Installation Testing | Electrical Installation Condition Report [E.I.C.R.]| Portable Appliance Testing [P.A.T.]
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 was written to protect the safety of the general public and has serious implications on all UK businesses premises, private or public.
Fixed Installation Testing or Periodic Inspection and Testing is a complete check on the electrical safety of a building; it includes ALL electrical equipment* to see if they comply with the current wiring regulations, the 17th Edition.
All premises occupied or visited by the general public must have a certificate of compliance by law, the proprietor has a duty of care to ensure the public’s safety. Checks MUST be carried out by an approved** contractor. These include
- Rented accommodation
- Council buildings
- Local council facilities- village halls, sports pavilions
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Offices, factories, shops, restaurants
- Hospitals, medical facilities
- Any other premises frequented by the public
Electrikcollective technicians are fully qualified and trained to current standards; they will carry out a full inspection of individual circuits and provide the company with a complete report as to the safety of their premises, ensuring piece of mind.
Prices are based on the number of circuits within a building; please contact us for a quote.
* ‘electrical equipment’ includes anything used, intended to be used or installed for use, to generate, provide, transmit, transform, rectify, convert, conduct, distribute, control, store, measure or use electrical energy.
**’approved’ means approved in writing for the time being by the Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of these Regulations or conforming with a specification approved in writing by the Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of these Regulations’